The Center for Healthcare Delivery Science & Innovation’s Journal Club aims to promote collaborative evaluation of current literature around patient quality and safety, risk management, clinical innovation, infection control, quality performance improvement, and healthcare informatics. The goals of Journal Club are to promote scholarship through critical evaluation of the current literature, initiate discussion around application of current literature to UCM, promote collaboration between departments by providing a variety of perspectives around the topic of interest, and to promote a culture of scholarship throughout the Office of Clinical Effectiveness, lead by our Healthcare Delivery Science & Innovation team. For more information, review the Scholarship Introduction Powerpoint.
FY17 Journal Club and Educational Forums will be held on the FIRST THURSDAY of each month from 11am- noon in CCD 09076 unless otherwise stated.
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Guidelines for Presenters:
- Choose an article that is novel, current, and impactful.
- Provide your article to Farah Ahmed, MPH, MHA no later than 4 weeks before you are scheduled to present
- Use the CE Journal Club Template to create a powerpoint presentation
- Provide your presentation to Farah no later than 2 days before JC
- Come with 3 prepared questions to initiate discussion