This year’s 11th Annual Quality & Safety Symposium will be held on May 12, 2016.
The University of Chicago Medicine’s annual Quality & Safety Symposium is an opportunity for faculty, staff, and trainees to share ongoing efforts and initiatives to improve the quality of care delivered at UCM with colleagues and constituents. This event highlights UCM’s continued dedication to providing safe and effective patient care and the integration of these values throughout the medical center. Winners of both the UCM $100,000 Innovations Grant Program and Choosing Wisely Challenge will be announced at the Symposium. Specifically, this event provides a great opportunity for clinicians and non-clinical staff from all disciplines, backgrounds, and areas of expertise to:
- Showcase quality improvement projects that have recently been completed or are currently in progress
- Meet with colleagues to gain insights, practical knowledge, and techniques to address quality issues in patient care
- Learn about quality tools, internal UCM quality resources, and strategies to achieve sustainable improvements
Projects should prioritize (but are certainly not limited to) one or more of the following focus areas:
- FY2016 UCM Clinical Effectiveness Quality and Safety Goals: Promoting the Culture of Safety, Eliminating Harm Events, Improving Transitions in Care, Enhancing Clinical Documentation and Information Management
- FY2016 Departmental Quality and Safety Goals
- Enhancing the Experience of our Patients and Families
- Improvements in Efficiency, Throughput, and the Reduction of Waste
- External National Quality Indicators
Call for Posters: Deadline Extended to April 29
Employees of all disciplines, backgrounds, and areas of expertise are invited to submit a poster highlighting their quality improvement work- both successes and failures are welcomed to promote collaborative learning. Outstanding posters will be selected by a Poster Review Committee using predetermined Poster Review Criteria.
Instructions: All submissions will need to use a Quality & Safety Symposium Poster Template and be submitted in Powerpoint format using the online Submission Form, below. You may reduce the font size down to a minimum of 7-point if necessary; smaller font sizes are not permitted. Based on your project, you may need to adjust the placement of headings in the template- feel free to do so. If you have any questions regarding your submission, please use the comments section of the Submission Form to relay these to the Poster Review Committee. All posters accepted for display at the annual Quality & Safety Symposium will be published in the 2016 Quality & Safety Symposium Compendium, a publication that will be shared with UCM key constituents.
Have questions? Contact Heather Limper
Quality & Safety Symposium Poster Submission Form:
View Past Winners
Prevention of Elective Deliveries Less Than 39 Weeks and 0 Days Gestational Age
Improving Patient Satisfaction Results- The Radiology Journey
Scrub the Hub- Decreasing Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI) in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
Acute Cord Compression- Most Efficient Approach to Diagnosis
Successful Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI) Reduction Using a Multi-Disciplinary Approach
Reduction of Voice Recognition Errors in Radiological Dictation- Effects of Systematic Individual Feedback
Download the 2015 Poster Session eBook (iOS devices)
Download the 2015 Poster Session eBook as a PDF
Have all of the posters right at your fingertips!
View all posters from the 2014 Symposium